Monday, February 16, 2009

V-day

Ya know, as a single girl, I used to HATE V-day. (or, as we called it in our single world... Single Awareness Day).

Still today, its kinda awkward to me. I mean don't get me wrong.. I LOVE romance. Ronnie does such a great job of romancing me... and surprising me in ALL areas of life. I guess I still just feel like its a bit ridiculous to try to out "love" each other once a year for 24 hours... aren't we supposed to do that all the time??

Having said that.. we had decided that since we really don't need anything right now, that we would not really give big gifts for V-day this year.

Honestly, I can't think of a more tricky thing to do at V-day. I mean, Christmas is fine, even birthdays... but the day meant for romance??

So, the day before, I went grocery shopping (we had friends coming in... will talk about that later!) and was trying to think of a way to get him something without breaking the rules..

it was small.. but a gesture of love... a 6 pack of Mountain Dew bottles all to himself...

How glad am I that I did this??? On V-day morning... he brought me the SWEETEST card EVER... along with two small chocolate things! So, we both broke the rules... very much in our own "learn to love each other in the language they understand it in.." For Ronnie... carbonated beverage... for me... chocolate :) we aren't hard to please...




Anyway - it was perfect! Our friends Megan and Luke came up for the weekend. We had a blast! We went to the Circus (thanks to the folks that gave us tickets!!), to Tripps to eat, and then to Krispy Kreme to get our heart shaped doughnuts... came home and played Wii. Then Sunday, after church we all went for a fun walk at the park, got milkshakes at Sonic (we had coupons for BOGO!!) and came home and made pizzas (Ronnie and Luke did most of it... Megan and I supervised... and took pictures :)). We then watched a movie while we ate... it was great!




Monday morning they were leaving... God gave them a dusting of snow to wake up to... Ronnie made breakfast (AHHHH it is SOOO good to have a man who cooks!) and then they had to leave..




It was so sad to see them go - but so wonderful to have friends like them.
Happy belated V-day to you all... even in all of the awkwardness that comes along with it.

2 comments:

Darlene said...

Sounds like a wonderful time!
Friends, food, fun and krispy creme...my kind of fun!
Blessings,
Darlene

Anonymous said...

Was it awesome to have your new house to host your friends in?! It looks like y'all had a blast. And kudos to Ronnie for all the kitchen duty!