Here it is, knowing that I will probably not have a chance in the next few days to write a new blog... I will write the Thanksgiving blog today.
I want to focus on the things that have happened in the last 12 months that I am thankful for. I mean, there are things that happened years ago that still impact my life that I am thankful for - but for today, I think that I prefer to focus on the things since Thanksgiving 2006. So, here is my list.
- Meeting, being engaged to, and marrying the man of my dreams... yes, it ALL happened since last Thanksgiving!
- Participating in the missions trip to the Dominican Republic in March - once again, God taught me more than I expected!
- Spending half of the year living on the Wings bus traveling and doing a combination of the things I loved the most.
- Getting off the bus:) to move into the next phase of my life
- spending 2 months with my mom and my niece planning my wedding.
- Having my brother at my wedding even though the Army almost stopped that:)
- having my sister as my matron of honor at my wedding
- the wedding of my dreams... to the most amazing man ever!
- my little house in southern VA - yeah its small, no it doesnt have a dishwasher, stove, or ice maker... but it is a CUTE house... and we have learned to be creative! (Plus I am thankful that Ronnie washes the dishes:))
- the time to say goodbye to my brother before he left for Iraq. I will never forget fishing with him on that Tuesday - He had all the other guys to let me pull in any fish that they caught so that I could be sure to catch one... Andy and Joey were nice enough to let him call the shots that day:) Thanks guys - the memory of standing on the edge of the pond on the Roberson's property will always bring tears to my eyes I think.
- The picnic in Mississippi where for 4 hours we did nothing but spend time with Jon before that stupid white bus took him back to his camp.
- flowers from my husband when i got to the airport from saying goodbye to my brother.
- making new friends here in VA... nicole and zach... kathy and jason... and many others!
- working on the campaign here in VA. I learned a lot, met a lot of people, and we won... what else could I ask for?
- new opportunities opening up for me in the next few months!
I could go on all day I think, but I need to get ready for tomorrow. So, I will do that. Ronnie and I have a full weekend of visiting both families over the next 4 days. I am so excited to see my family again!
What are you thankful for? What has God provided you with in the last 12 months?
Here’s the new book cover!
4 weeks ago