Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Veterans day and beyond

Isn't it wonderful to have a day to relax? First of all, I have to brag on my man... (you know how it goes). He knew we had been so crazy busy that the house had gotten a bit out of control.... So, Sunday afternoon, when I had a bridal shower and other party to attend, he started the cleaning! He had the bathroom, living room and our bedroom done by the time I got back... we went to church, but afterwards I wasn't feeling too well. He finished up what he had started before he went to bed even "swiffering" everything befor he slept! How blessed I am!!! So, yesterday morning, when I had planned to spend the whole day cleaning... He and I worked to finish dishes, and got the clothes cycles started - then we had time to do other stuff! We went on a Bike ride that ended up being longer than either of us expected. We just kept taking some extra routes along the way, and it ended up leading to QUITE a few fun hills to climb... We needed the exercise though:) (trust me!) We also went and took some pics that I may use on a Christmas card, or, on second thought, maybe I will just post them here and say Merry Christmas when the time is right - who knows:) But with the beautiful colors on the trees here in Southern Va, the pics are WONDERFUL. At least they look that way on my camera, I haven't had the chance to load them to my pc yet - maybe I will add them to this blog later.

We then went to use a gift card left over from the wedding, to buy some Christmas decorations. I have never had to decorate a house for Christmas before - so, needless to say - my decoration options are limited. I am so excited about decorating my own house this year though! Hmmm... where do I start?? That is a blog for another day I am sure.

The end result - a wonderful day honoring and rembering our veterans spending time with my husband...

I want to note as well that my family has been blessed with people that have served our country in the military. Both of my grandfathers fought in the Korean conflict. My uncle served in the Coast Guard and passed away while on the Presidential honor guard in Washington D.C. and of course you all know that my brother is currently serving in the middle east today. Thank God for an "all volunteer" army that has stood for over 250 years protecting our freedoms... because as we all have heard many times... our freedom is not free - it comes with a GREAT pricetag of blood being shed....

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Hey Julia
I am so happy for you that you have a wonderful husband! Wonderful husbands are such blessings. Mine gave me the whole morning "off" this past Saturday. He took our boys with him to church "to help" with our up and coming playground. I am sure they weren't much help, but I really enjoyed my free morning!

DeeDee said...

glad you had a "relaxing" day together.

And the pics are great!
love you!

Jessie said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. I'm glad you are treasuring your time alone with Ronnie before you have kids! It's great then too, but you know what I mean.
Oh, and you look gorgeous in that picture in front of the hay bales.