I waited a day to post them, because I needed to think through my resolutions.... or whatever...
But since I know you were all waiting to see what I might be hoping to do this year... here it is.
1. I need to ramp up my prayer life. This seems simple. And since being married, I have taken STRIDES in my talking with God. At least it is done daily now. However, I feel that I could be so much deeper in what I share with God. PLUS, in all relationships I am usually a good listener. People talk to me... However, when talking with God - (the ONE person I should LISTEN more to) I tend to do all the talking.... and then close the conversation with a nice "in Jesus' name... amen" and I can picture God taking a breath ready to respond to my requests and questions... and I go on my merry way - leaving Him interrupted.
2. I will spend LESS time in front of the TV. This will be helped when we get out of our direct TV contract in February. I don't learn anything from it - it doesn't help me in my productivity, or in my piano practice, in my walk with my Savior, or in my mental ability.... but yet - it takes SO much time! SO, I will watch as MUCH TV as possible until Feb.. then I will work on my resolution right??
3. I want to complete the 3 books I have started. In 2005 I started reading "The cost of discipleship" by Dietrich Bonhoeffer... I am still reading it... Ronnie and I started reading "Now you're speaking my language" and "the 5 love languages" by Gary Chapman last year... we are still reading them both.
4. I want to learn to successfully "coupon." I am going to be a coupon mom!!! (Don't read too much on that mom thing... I am NOT pregnant or anything... I am using that as a relatve term). In this couponing... I want to be eating more healthy - and feeding my husband more healthy too. We are both trying to treat our bodies more like the temples God created them to be... its slow going so far - because of the budget... you understand - cheaper food just isn't as good for you! It costs money to be healthy!!!!! Hence the coupons!
Well.... 4 things... thats enough for me.. if I complete them, I will let ya know, and maybe make more resolutions... however, last year I had 3 of them, and only accomplished 2... so if I get 3 out of 4 this year I will be successful too...
- PS. Jon - I did 2 in one day.... :) are you proud of me??
Here’s the new book cover!
4 weeks ago